Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Re: response to Taryn - week 6

Taryn,

You know I never really thought about it. Whenever my children cries it bothers me and I mean now (ages, 28, 26, 20). When my son (20) cries, we recently had to put down our cat, he cried (badly), along with me and I think if he didn't I would have been surprised. I've seen my ex cry when his parents died, and my dad when he lost his brother. So I guess my answer is, no it doesn't bother me to see men cry.

As far as sport casters (male or female), if they seem knowledgeable it wouldn't matter to me. Do I think that my age plays a factor in my thinking, no I don't think so. Because usually more "mature" (age-wise) people have the potential to stigmatized about men and tears and male and female sport casters, yeah I do. I guess it depends on the individual. So, my answer, there's no wrong or right answer - it's just what you do think.

No comments:

Post a Comment