Friday, June 5, 2009

Response to Taran's Week 3 Eureka Moment

Taran,

I think your gut reaction was perfectly normal - was like an "uh oh moment" which is completely understandable. Please take my following comments as just "food for thought". Do you think that at a family graduation party it was appropriate for your aunt to display her tatoo in that manner? If it was on her leg, arm, not a problem - and by no means do I consider myself a "prude" - but first of all, weren't there guys present? Is this something to do at this type of event in mixed company? Different circumstances - more informal setting like a girls' night at friends house, little bit of eating, little bit (or more than a little) of drinking. Your aunt tells people that she got a tatoo in a "private area" and says, "anyone want to see it" - then go from there. That's my opinion.

Your gut reaction (that was just what you thought - and didn't say anything to anybody about) is perfectly normal - that's why they call it a "gut reaction". Have I had those moments and then thought to myself - "that seems like a bias thought" - of course I have - everyone does. Now if you wouldn't have said don't do that in front of her - she's a lesbian and ...... that would be a "no-no", but you didn't. So, if anyone is "at fault", my opinion - poor judgment on your aunt showing the tatoo - not what you were thinking...

No comments:

Post a Comment