Tuesday, June 9, 2009

response to Joan's Eureka Moment - Week 4

Joan,

My eldest daughter graduated and received her Masters in Special Education a couple of years'ago. I think she was even planning her wedding while she was in school. She met her "husband to be" through a friend at college. She had also received her degree in teaching (she didn't go on for a Masters), she opted to marry after graduating with her B.A.

Unfortunately during the time my daughter attended college, I was unable to "put" my daughter through college and took out loans, but she started teaching; while teaching and planning a wedding went for her Masters (got a raise in salary upon receiving it). Her (now) sister-in-law (the friend) as I said got her teaching certificate, her parents paid for her entire schooling (out of their own pockets) and what does she do - you ask? Never even tried to get a teaching position, married and moved to Pittsburgh and has been working at Sam's Club ever since. Her husband saw no need for her to pursue a teaching position! Isn't that a kick in the "you know what"?

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment